The surgeons of Northeast Surgical Group, P.C., perform a variety of procedures every day in the hospital on both an in-patient and an out-patient basis, as well as in our own offices. Proper recovery from your surgery is very important to the Northeast Surgical Group, P.C., and its medical staff will make every effort to provide you with the guidance necessary to help make it a successful one. The postoperative guidelines provided to you are specific to you, your procedure and any unique or special circumstances or requirements that you have. Your comfort, well being and care after your surgery are essential whether you have had out-patient or in-patient surgery at the hospital, or a procedure at our offices.
If your surgery has been performed at the hospital, Northeast Surgical Group, P.C., works closely with its affiliated hospitals to help you make sure that:
● You have a clear understanding of the instructions provided to you for your recovery
● You have a reliable friend/relative that can accompany you on the day of surgery
● You see your physician on a daily basis if you remain in the hospital
● You have a reliable source of transportation from the hospital on the day of discharge
● You know what you need to do to effectively support your recovery after the day discharge
● You know what you should not do during your recovery period
● You schedule and keep post operative visit(s) with your family physician or internist as required
● You schedule and keep post operative visit(s) with your surgeon as required
You will be provided a set of post-operative instructions by Northeast Surgical Group, P.C., that is specific to you, your procedure and any unique or special circumstances or requirements that you have. For example, such guidance includes, among other items, restrictions for varying time periods after the surgery is performed on diet, alcohol, recreational substances, certain other medications and dietary supplements.
Attending physician statements and leave of absence forms will be completed by Northeast Surgical Group, P.C., but our office requires your signed prior authorization before doing so. In some instances, a fee for certain of these services may apply.
Our standard guidelines for many routine procedures can be found below. If your procedure is not listed or you have additional questions please reach out to our office. We can be contacted at (586) 228-0550.