I will be retiring as of 12/31/2023.
I came to Mt. Clemens General Hospital in 1979 as a medical student, and never left. It’s been pretty amazing to witness the growth of the hospital and the osteopathic medicine profession over these past 45 years.
It has been my pleasure to provide surgical care to our community.
I am confident that the physicians and office personnel of NESG will continue to provide outstanding service.
Douglas G. Paulk, D.O., FACOS
President, Northeast Surgical Group, PC.
• General Surgery Residency Training completed July 1981 to July 1985: Mount Clemens General Hospital, Mount Clemens, Michigan
• Rotating Internship Training completed July 1980 to July 1981: Mount Clemens General Hospital, Mount Clemens, Michigan
• Medical School completed July 1980: Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Des Moines, Iowa
• Undergraduate College completed May 1976: Bachelor of Science, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, Nebraska
• Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
• McLaren Macomb Medical Center, Mount Clemens, Michigan
Co-Director of Trauma Services
• Utica Ambulatory Surgery Center, Utica, Michigan
• Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery, March 1989
• Diplomate of the National Board of Examiners for Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, July 1981
• Licensed by the Michigan State Board of Osteopathic Physicians, July 1981
• Licensed by the Iowa State Board of Medical Examiners, Sept 1993
Professional Education Affiliations
• Assistant Clinical Professor, General Surgery, Michigan State University, Department of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Residency Training Staff, General Surgery Residency Program, McLaren Macomb Medical Center, Mount Clemens, Michigan
Professional Society Affiliations
• American Osteopathic Association
• American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
• Michigan Osteopathic Association
• Macomb County Osteopathic Society
• Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma