The diseases of the gastrointestinal tract involve a complete understanding of the pathophysiology of all disease processes that affects the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract.
Surgical procedures of the stomach are more than just cancer surgery. In fact, most of the surgeries performed on the stomach are for noncancerous reasons. The following list provides some examples of our expertise:
● Pyloric stenosis, (infant surgery)
● Hiatal hernia
● Peptic ulcer surgery for both bleeding and non-bleeding conditions
● Temporary or Permanent gastric feeding tubes
● AbbVie PEG-J Tubing for Parkinson’s Disease
● Removal of gastric banding
● Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (Bariatric)
● Laparoscopic and Open Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass (Bariatric)
● Revision of previous bariatric surgery, when indicated
The length of the intestine is approximately 22 feet. Each section of the intestine has different function and anatomy. Whether surgery is being considered for your small or large intestine, we have the ability to handle it. Our scope of surgical treatment for the intestine encompasses the following:
● Inflammatory bowel disease
If you require a second opinion regarding your disease, please consider our surgical practice.